Monday, January 23, 2006

Don't Forget to Vote Today

Reader Carlos, who doesn't have a weblog, but who is proud of his city, sent me this joke, which not only made me laugh, but is topical to both the blog and the date (there is a federal election today in Canada, and the names beginning the first sentence below are the names of the leaders of the three major political parties).

Martin, Harper and Layton are flying on the Executive Airbus to a gathering in British Columbia when Martin turns to Harper and says, chuckling, "You know, I could throw a $1000 bill out the window right now and make someone very happy."

Harper shrugs and replies, "Well, I could throw ten $100 bills out the window and make ten people happy."

Not to be outdone, Layton says, "Well I could throw a hundred $10 bills out the window and make a hundred people happy."

The pilot rolls his eyes and says to his co-pilot, "Such arrogant asses back there. Hell, I could throw all three of them out the window and make 32 million people happy."

And come to think of it, no one can throw anything out the window of an Airbus in cruise. I wonder if the earliest ancestor of this joke involved a train, or a horse drawn carriage?

No comments: