Wednesday, September 03, 2008

We're Okay But We Don't Remember Where

Lite Flyer and I are moving north (yes, this is live) but discovering that hurricane dodging and husbandry of the little bug are a full time job, not leaving much time for blogging. I'd rather give you the full story than blog in the moments between post-flight inspection, food and sleep, so I'll say that we're in some place that I think is called Shelton. It's in South Carolina and apparently the repair shop is staffed with prison labour.

That should foster some speculation until both of us get the first day's events chronicled.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shelton SC doesn't even look like it has a town, much like an airport :)

Wave as you pass north of the CLT Bravo tomorrow. They're pretty good guys.

Unknown said...

I see tomorrow's blog
" We couldn't leave Shelton,not enpogh power to take-off,-a thorough inspection uncovered two men wearing handcuffs and orange jump-suits,wedged into the fuselage tail"

Seriously,though, what a brilliant adventure-and thanks for yet another terrific link to your new boss' blog.

I loved the Submarine (or is that sub-marine?) cable -link a terrific wordsmith,indeed,with an eclectic mix of side-tracks that's right up my street.

Anonymous said...

If you're referring to the same Shelton I'm thinking of, you're literally across the river from me. I'd have come over and bought y'all some lunch or something if I'd known. :)

Good luck to you in your travels!

Yellowbird said...

Can you give us an idea of your planned route? You could probably get a few free meals from any members of the Aviatrix Fan Club along the way.

Anonymous said...

I'm guessing the destination is Nova Scotia, and my location is a bit off track. Otherwise I'd have offered ground transportation, a couple of meals, and some relatively comfortable bedding (not necessarily in that order).