Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Doing This Instead

 I thought as I wrote this to a pilot recently, that it's the sort of thing I used to write on my blog, except just doing it myself, demonstrating it, rather than being so pretentious as to tell anyone else to do it. 

Thank you for your time and attention today.  When you start the plane and do the run up tomorrow, try to think about what you are causing to happen and watching to happen with each switch and action. E.g. You are not just turning on the red switch, but connecting the battery to the main buses. You are not moving the propeller levers, but adjusting the speeder spring to control the flow of oil to and from the hub. Make it a habit, so that your knowledge and understanding of the aircraft you operate grows over the year instead of decays. Have a great flight.

No comments: