Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Exciting Times

I'm going on a side trip with a half-day hold, so I look up where I'm going ...

The town has a population of 156. Not a typo: one hundred fifty-six. Its points of interest, listed on the town website, include:

  • airport
  • church
  • groceteria / gas station
  • rec hall that has both a kitchen and a dance floor
  • a covered half-size ice rink
  • 3 baseball diamonds
  • a soccer pitch
That's not actually bad for a town of 156 people. And I'm still impressed they have their own website.

10 comments:

ward said...

Haddam, Kansas?

ward said...

Nope, looks like you're still in Canada:

Villeneuve, Alberta, Canada

ward said...

Did you see the picture of the webmaster's yard (with doghouse)?

Paul said...

Montrose, WV. Population 156.

--paul

Oshawapilot said...

Bradwell SK?

Anonymous said...

One of the other above stalkers got it, but I prefer to imagine beautiful suburban Weed CA, Carrick CA pop 156 in the shadow of Mt. Shasta

Steve at the Pub said...

I'm from a town of 90, which per capita didn't have as many or as much points of interest.

Not that I noticed much, for we lived 70 miles out of town anyway.

Ward Bush said...

Isn't the winner (me!) going to be acknowledged?

Aviatrix said...

Silly me, thinking my readers would need a couple of days to speculate. Post on the trip coming up in a couple of days. If I have time I'll augment it with a formal acknowledgment. Finding the webmaster's doghouse was a coup.

Steve at the Pub said...

At 10 miles from Edmonton one really has to wonder if it still has an identity.

Love the church & aerial photos. Looks like a generic Alberta-French farming town. *sigh*.

What a shame it is so close (10 miles) from damnation!