Thursday, September 15, 2005

Forgot the Hockey Puck!

Last night I dreamed that I had built my own airplane and was flying it around to visit my friends. While doing a preflight inspection, I suddenly realized that there was no hockey puck in the propeller dome, just a conspicuously empty space where, in the universe of my dream, everyone knows there should be a standard issue NHL hockey puck. And I had been flying this thing!

I think the hockey puck I had omitted bore a Boston Bruins decal on it, which is odd, as I've never been too fond of them as a team.

Later in the day I told someone about my dream, and the bizarre hockey puck requirement. He instantly replied, "But of course. If you pitch the nose up more than 37 degrees without a hockey puck, the propeller falls off. Everyone knows that!"

In case it isn't sufficiently clear from the above, normal airplanes that do not occur in dreams do not require regulation hockey pucks. I guess my subconscious is just excited about hockey returning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

At my last annual, my Warrior's fore propeller spinner bulkhead, which sits inside the spinner and looks like an enlarged, flattened metal hockey puck, was broken into several pieces (probably because it didn't have a Bruins decal to hold it together). It cost hundreds of dollars to replace, and weeks of waiting with the plane grounded until Piper could actually find the part.

Your dreams are plagerizing my life.

GC said...

Ooooh the good old hockey game
Is the best game you can name...
And the best game you can name
Is the good old hockey game!

Three more weeks!!! WAHOO! Go Kings Go! Go Kings Go!!