Friday, February 09, 2018

Life is Good

A comment on a recent post made me realize that I haven't updated since last summer, and that when pilots disappear people can worry. I'm fine, really fine, stronger than I've ever been.

Life is amazing. I have two completely different side gigs, both with formal secrecy aspects, so I can't tell you about the awesome things I am doing, but if you read all the credits when you watch a TV show you'll see my name--nope, not telling you which show, but it's awesome. (Television is so much better than it was when I was a kid. The other day a millennial who had been YouTubing classic TV asked me, "did you you watch these non-ironically? Did you think they were good?") I have many new things to learn, some of which are difficult, different from anything I have done before, and diametrically opposed to my talents and existing skill sets, making it challenging and frustrating to the point of tears, but that makes it all the better when I win. In all three of my jobs I work with skilled people whom I respect and trust and they have all commended me for my contribution, so my life is a roller coaster slamming between lows of almost paralyzing self-doubt and glorious highs of triumph and camaraderie.

I also have to study and teach and write reports, and do some forms of creative writing (not that my reports aren't creative), so I have no need for blogging as an impetus to learn new things or provide an outlet for the desire to tell people things. I hope YOU are all well, coasting into exciting new jobs as the pilot shortage wave travels through the demographics, and learning new things that are fun and satisfying.

I have at least one reader who knows me in real life, so if anything irrevocable did happen to me that I couldn't tell you about myself, someone will let you know.

11 comments:

Dave Starr said...

Hello and Good Morning from the Philippines. I was glad to see this post come up this morning in my feed reader. It has been along time, hasn't it?

Glad to hear you're doing well, and be sure to write if you get any gigs that you can talk about. I miss your stories.

Be well

Dr Bob said...

Good to see you back aviatrix ...

Unknown said...

Wow. All sounds very exciting! Great to know (or not know) ha!? Fly safe.

sean said...

Good to hear things are going well. If you ever feel the need/desire to return, we'll be here - as long as the rss reader still picks it up :)

Sue said...

Thrilled to know that you are alive and well. I am planning to re-invent myself when I retire from my current job/life in a year or so, and you will be my role model for this undertaking. Your blog remains on my RSS feed, so whenever you feel like posting, I'll be reading.

Garrett said...

So happy to see you are doing well.

I started reading this blog many years ago when aviation was only a dream to me, now I'm a flight instructor in gliders getting ready for a busy spring.

I'll be watching on the TV for an "Aviatrix" credit hah.

Mike Eisenstadt said...

Like others, Aviatrix is still one of my RSS feeds. I am pleased that you are still out there. I miss your airplane stories. Might you possibly make some of your writings available for your fans to read?

Mike tief in der Hertz von Texas

Christopher Thompson said...

Happy summer! I hope the mosquitos and black flies aren't interfering with your journeys and adventures!

Unknown said...

Great to have you back Aviatrix.

I've been an avid reader of your excellent blog every since I got involved in the aviation industry.

Keep up the great work!

GSE Solutions

Majroj said...

Continue to press on, let us know when your biopic comes out.

;)

Majroj said...

It's years after this post, but a lifelong centenarian friend died recently and it was sheer chance that any of his large circle of friends knew. We sort-of had a Facebook memory-share for a few days, but it was strictly happenstance. Thanks for thinking about us.