Thursday, November 25, 2010

Do I Need a "Boobs" Tag?

There's a text on my phone asking me if the weather is "flyable." I go to the window and assess. It looks low, almost too low to get in and about six-eighths sky cover, broken. The recent METARs call it a seven to eight-hundred foot ceiling and seven-eighths broken. It's definitely improving, but hasn't broken open yet. I pass on what I know. It's funny how you can look at weather reports all day, but you like to hear from a pilot what they see.

The weather continues to improve, and soon there's a knock at the door. I go and open it, but there's no one there. I look left and right down the hallway. Often in a hotel when someone knocks on the next door room door it sounds like it's on my door. But there's no one knocking on either side door. I'm just about to close my door and write it off as my imagination when my co-worker's voice says, "Wrong door." She's in the adjacent room to mine and she's knocking on the connecting door.

This is awesome, not just for silly jokes and turning our two rooms into one big party suite, but because when I open the connecting door I see that it's constructed so there is a separate door on each side of the connecting doorframe. There's a gap between the two doors where we can leave the aircraft key, the journey log, secret messages, anything we want to pass between each other without having to wake each other up. Nice. Normally we either try to fit the stuff under the hotel room door or leave it at the front desk for each other. It also means I don't have to get dressed again if I forget to pass the key on to my sleeping co-worker before getting ready for bed. And if we don't fly for a couple of days we don't have to keep passing the stuff back and forth. We can just leave it in the connecting compartment.

We leave the connection unlocked then collect our aircraft mechanic and all go out for dinner. One of the waitresses has taken considerable effort in displaying about as much of two of her body parts as you can without being arrested. We all conclude that if someone is going to that much effort to show you something it would be rude not to look. So we look, and discuss whether it's baby oil or sunblock that makes them glisten so. Does she have glitter on them? Who does that? Have I been in the field too long? Yes.

6 comments:

Frank Van Haste said...

Dear Trix:

You only need a boobs tag if you include pictures.

(Is there a turkey where you are? Either way, Happy Thanksgiving.)

Warm regards,

Frank

david said...

"One of the waitresses has taken considerable effort in displaying about as much of two of her body parts as you can without being arrested."

In Ontario, at least, she could display all of those body parts in public without breaking any laws. Is the North more prudish?

coreydotcom said...

not speaking from past experience or anything but i have a hunch strippers may put glitter on their breasts. depending on where you were she might not have showered since she got off her shift at her other job.

Chris said...

There are an increasing number of boobs related posts. I remark upon this without any further implication.

GPS_Direct said...

@Trix - Almost always a good work situtation when the waitress (or FBO) girl's amount of cleavage can be brought up in conversation without 'offending' anybody. On the flip side, the biceps of the line guy would qualify too. Though, if there was glitter, that could lead to a whole different conversation...

@Chris - Trix said right before she left that her posts while she was gone would be a more risque. Probably a hidden message in there that she decided to engage her and our more prurient interests while she was out of the country with little chance to defend the topics...

Unknown said...

I was going to say, some subjects have their knockers, whilst others just keep abreast of the situation.